JOB TITLE: Fabricator
COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: SpecSys, Inc. / Fabrication
REPORTS TO: Fabrication Lead
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt / Full-time
JOB SUMMARY: The Fabricator has primary responsibility to accurately set up and operate fabricating machines
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Disassembles machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs
- Repairs, replaces, adjusts and aligns components of machinery and equipment
- Ability to accurately read and interpret blueprints to ensure products are machined correctly
- Ability to understand and willingness to follow QC processes
- Cleans and lubricates parts and equipment
JOB REQUIREMENTS & STANDARDS:
- Understanding of geometric tolerances
- Understand written information
- Follow guidelines to arrange objects or actions in a certain order
- Identify problems and review information
- Use math skills to solve problems
- Operate and control equipment
- Inspect and evaluate the quality of products
- Determine the tools and equipment needed to do a job
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Machining Degree
- One Year of experience
- Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be acceptable.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs, bending, crawling and being on feet for 8 plus hours per work day.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.