SpecSys: Mechanical Assemblers
JOB TITLE: Mechanical Assemblers
COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: SpecSys, Inc. / Manufacturing
REPORTS TO: Assembly Leads
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt / Full-time
JOB SUMMARY: The Mechanical Assembler has the primary responsibility to accurately define appropriate build sequences and provide hands-on labor to assemble
assigned projects. This position requires a detail-oriented individual that has the ability to take responsibility and see projects thru to completion.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the assembly of mechanical components into controls of moderate complexity by following controlled documentation,
standards and specifications
- Assemble hydraulic actuators by hand using hand tools bending tubing, drilling and taping
- Ability to read, understand and follow detailed drawings, schematics, assembly drawings, customer specifications and assembly procedures
- Ability to troubleshoot hydraulic and mechanical schematics
- Identify appropriate assembly sequences to minimize unproductive time
- Ensure products are built and tested to meet customer requirements
- Identify component shortages and coordinate parts tracking with purchasing / material handling department
- Coordinate work load with the assigned project manager to ensure design changes ECO changes are implemented into the overall assembly process
- Ability to understand and willingness to follow Work Order instructions including sign-off of assembly department dispatches
- Ability to understand and willingness to follow existing QC processes
- Provide input into QC process improvements
JOB REQUIREMENTS & STANDARDS:
- Knowledge of designing, using, and repairing machines and tools, computer hardware and software, how to build machines, using plans,
blueprints, drawings, and models
- Read and understand written information. Identify problems and review information. Use math skills to solve problems.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: (Education and experience are both important, with salary reflective of ability and experience)
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) is usually not required
- Courses in English, math, science, and social studies, physical education, health, and applied art or a second language are helpful
- Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be acceptable.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Ability to stand for 8 hours plus per day
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.