SpecSys: Shipping / Receiving Clerk
Here is your chance to showcase your skills with an established, yet growing company. We offer a variety of
challenging work that play to your strengths. Check out SpecSys Inc., at
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk has primary responsibility for ensuring accurate packaging of outbound orders and
receipt of incoming merchandise. Coordinates shipments and deliveries with other departments and cooperates with
other employees in an effort to maximize productivity and streamline the shipping of merchandise to customers.
What does a Shipping and Receiving Clerk do for SpecSys?
- Provides daily work directions to shipping / receiving personnel
- Develops employee performance review documentation
- Documents any work place related injuries and communicating with Safety Director
- Requisitions transportation from freight carriers to ship plant products
- Reads shipping orders to determine quantity and type of transportation needed
- Contacts carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for loading products
- Annotates shipping orders to inform shipping department of loading location and time of arrival of transportation.
- Coordinates delivery of purchased items to the correct department
- Maintains an organized structure that facilitates ease of parts location as assigned by either project or department
- Receives ordered merchandise by checking each item for damage, correct quantities, back orders, etc., stocking merchandise on shelves
- Handles paperwork involved in order receipts
- Handles product returns
- Helps with physical inventory
What are we looking for in a great Shipping and Receiving Clerk? Someone who:
- Has the ability to understand and willingness to follow existing QC processes
- Has the understanding of computer software such as MS-Word and Excel
- Can lift up to 50 lbs.
- Can bend, crawl and be on their feet for 8 plus hours per work day
- Has 2+ years of experience
- Has any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance
View the Full Job Description Here
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.