JOB TITLE: Engineer
COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: RVI / Operations
REPORTS TO: Engineer Site Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt / Full-time
JOB SUMMARY: Plans, develops, and conducts tests on electronic components, products, and systems by performing the below.
This is a top-management team position, involving both strategic and tactical perspectives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Directs technical personnel in fabrication of testing and test control apparatus and equipment.
- Investigates and trains technicians in new technologies that will impact repair.
- Advanced programming of the ATEs, identify and fix ATE caused failures.
- Confers with technical personnel to resolve testing problems such as product or system malfunctions, incomplete test data and data interpretation along with 900W BBU system.
- Analyzes and interprets test data and prepares technical reports for use by management personnel.
- Programming of Firmware, EPROMS, I2C, and FrulD.
- Component substitution approval, buyer support for component cross referencing.
- Technical support to the NPI team as well as advanced technical support to the repair floor.
- Customer interaction for new product correlation on high level issues.
- High level failure analysis and root cause analysis.
- Experienced in LabVIEW
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND STANDARDS:
- Strong language skills including ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manager, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical skills including ability to with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Knowledge of inventory software, ERP software, excel spreadsheet software and word processing software
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- 1 to 2 Years of experience
- Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.