JOB TITLE: Technician
COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: RVI / Operations
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt / Full-time
JOB SUMMARY: Tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies electronic components, parts, equipment,
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Learns, develops, and practices good troubleshooting and testing skills of various types of power supplies.
- Reads procedures, schematics, follows drawing and/or sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Solders many different sizes and types of components.
- Ability to use reference material to aid in the repair of product (schematics, data books, drawings)
- Ability to assist team members, department, company in improving our process’ and procedures.
- Prints labels for units and boxes.
- Performa Pre-Screen Power-up, Burn-In, Hypot, FRU, and Auto Test functions.
- Crimps, stakes, screws bolts, rivets, solders, cements, press fits, or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
- Ability to Operate Paul/Maul for test functions and troubleshooting techniques.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND STANDARDS:
- Strong language skills including ability to read and interpret documents; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups or customers or managers.
- Mathematical skills including ability to with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Knowledge of inventory software, ERP software, excel spreadsheet software and word processing software
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Associate’s (A.A.) Degree or two-year college or technical school
- 1+ Years of experience
- Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.