RVI: Wire Harnesses Account Executive
JOB TITLE: Wire Harnesses Account Executive
COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: RVI, INC.
REPORTS TO: Sales Manager or Senior Vice President
FLSA STATUS: Exempt full-time
JOB SUMMARY: The Account Executive has primary responsibility to discover opportunities, maintain company and contact data base and selling products, service and solutions to customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Contact and meet regularly with current and prospective customers to develop and embrace the relationship
- Travel required 25 – 50% of time
- Enter, review and keep up to date company and contact information
- Prepare lists of prospective customers and research current market information
- Work with engineering team and technical departments to get accurate data on quotes and after project won; pass on pertinent information
- Confer and consult with department leads on customer required specifications
- Prepare exhibitor list, attend and represent company at trade shows
- Report weekly open opportunities, proposals and issues that are preventing a sale
- Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales and areas of proposed client based expansion
- Create and present executive portfolio review meetings with customers
- Assist with new marketing campaigns across multiple mediums
- Work closely with Sales Manager/Account Executives and other internal department personnel to ensure client needs are meet
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND STANDARDS:
- Read and interpret documents, write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of RVI, INC.
- Must have a demonstrated knowledge of professional broadcast cable and connectivity, competition, customer types and vendors, along with sound business fundamentals to help prepare sales, profits and forecasting plans.
- Manage a close working relationship with broadcast cable and connectivity suppliers
- A strong working knowledge of the Broadcast and AV industry and its relevance to the assigned geography; including but not limited to customers, competitors and suppliers
- Technical understanding of Broadcast and AV cable and connectivity attributes and terminology
- Due the remote nature of this position, the individual must be a self-starter with a strong initiative, time management skills and the ability to work independently with limited day to day supervision
- Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project
- Technologically advanced on smart devices
- Comfortable in working closely with top level management
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Bachelors Degree
- 3-5 years experience in the broadcast industry, preferably with a broadcast distributor, manufacturer or system integrator
- Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be acceptable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.