SpecSys: Brake Press Operator
JOB TITLE: Brake Press Operator
COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: SpecSys, Inc. / Manufacturing
REPORTS TO: Fabrication Lead
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt / Full-time
JOB SUMMARY: The Brake Press Operator has primary responsibility to accurately set up and operate brake press machines
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Disassembles machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs
- Repairs, replaces, adjusts and aligns components of machinery and equipment
- Ability to accurately read and interpret blueprints to ensure products are machined correctly
- Ability to understand and willingness to follow existing QC processes
- Cleans and lubricates parts and equipment
- Ability to calculate bend lines and angles
JOB REQUIREMENTS & STANDARDS:
- Detailed knowledge of CNC/NC Programming and understanding of geometric tolerances
- Understand written information and follow guidelines to arrange objects or actions in a certain order
- Identify problems and review information
- Use math skills to solve problems
- Install equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications
- Operate and control equipment
- Inspect and evaluate the quality of products
- Determine the tools and equipment needed to do a job
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Machinist Degree
- 2 Years of experience
- Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be acceptable.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs, bending, crawling and being on feet for 8 plus hours per work day.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.