SpecSys: Machining Equipment Maintenance
JOB TITLE: Machining Equipment Maintenance
COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: SpecSys, Inc. / Manufacturing
REPORTS TO: Facility Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt / Full-time
JOB SUMMARY: Install, repair, rebuild and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment used in production and related services at multiple facilities
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Diagnose mechanical/hydraulic/electrical problems and determine how to correct them.
- Review schematics, repair manuals, and parts catalogs for diagnosis and repair.
- Research and supply most cost effective repair solutions.
- Research and requisition replacement parts.
- Travel required 25% to 75% of time.
- Ability to coordinate major repairs with contractors.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & STANDARDS:
- Ability to read electrical diagrams.
- Intermediate knowledge of Hydraulics.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to manage, organize and restock a parts crib.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Technical degree preferred
- 2 Years of experience
- Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be acceptable.
- Must be able to lift and/or move items of 50 lbs or more on a periodic basis
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop on a periodic basis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.