SpecSys: Material Handler
Here is your chance to showcase your skills with an established, yet growing, company that's been in business for
over 20 years! We offer a variety of challenging work that plays to each employee’s strengths. Check us out at
www.specsys.org! Apply today!
The Material Handler has primary responsibility of expediting delivery of material to assigned equipment such as
saws, laser and plasma table, and accurately loading and unloading material to and from designated areas, such as
racks, shelves or vehicles.
What does a Material Handler do for SpecSys?
- Delivers material to assigned equipment
- Verifies material requirements against work orders and fabrication prints
- Checks material deliveries against purchase orders to verify accuracy of shipments.
- Operates forklifts and pallet jacks for loading / unloading material from semi-trucks and vendor delivery vehicles
- Keeps raw materials organized according to established guidelines
- Assists machine operators as needed
- Assists with machine maintenance
What are we looking for in a good candidate? Someone who:
- Has knowledge of ways to move people, goods, or materials
- Can understand spoken and written information
- Can follow guidelines to arrange objects or actions in a certain order
- Is able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Is able to walk, stoop, kneel, couch, crawl and being on feet for 8 plus hours per work day
- Has forklift experience
- Has 1+ years of experience
- Or any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance
View the Full Job Description Here
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.