JOB TITLE: Painter
COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: SpecSys, Inc. / Manufacturing
REPORTS TO: Paint Leads
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt / Full-time
JOB SUMMARY: The Painter has the primary responsibility to operate or tend painting machines to paint surfaces of equipment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Pours paint into spray gun and sprays specified amount of primer or finish coatings onto prepared surfaces
- Selects paint according to client requirements and matches colors of paint following specified color charts
- Regulates controls on portable ventilators and exhaust units to cure and dry paint or other coatings
- Strips grease, dirt, paint and rust from projects, using abrasives, solvents, brushes and sandblaster
- Sets up portable ventilators, exhaust units, ladders and scaffolding
- Operates lifting and moving devices to move equipment or materials to access areas to be painted
- Disassembles sprayer and power equipment, such as sandblaster and cleans equipment and hand tools, using solvents, wire brushes and cloths
- Mixes, stirs and thins paint or other coatings, using spatula or power mixing equipment
JOB REQUIREMENTS & STANDARDS:
- Understanding of paint processes
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Auto body degree
- Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be acceptable.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs., bending, crawling, and being on feet for 8 plus hours per work day
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.