SpecSys: Robot Tender Welder
JOB TITLE: Robot Tender Welder
COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: SpecSys, Inc. / Manufacturing
REPORTS TO: Weld Leads
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt / Full-time
JOB SUMMARY: The robot tender has primary responsibility to prep, repair, and finish or complete weldments before and after the robotic welder.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Utilizes appropriate welding equipment to fit, tack and weld parts together.
- Identify appropriate weld processes.
- Layout welding sequences to ensure products are manufactured correctly.
- Accurately read/interpret blueprints and weld symbols.
- Ability to understand and willingness to follow existing QC processes.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & STANDARDS:
- Detailed understanding of welding processes and shop capabilities.
- Understand fixturing and use of fixtures.
- Basic knowledge of computers and controls.
- Knowledge of how products are made.
- Mechanical knowledge of designing and controlling of equipment.
- Read and understand written information.
- Identify problems, review information and use math skills to solve problems.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Welding AAS Degree
- 1 Year of Experience
- Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be acceptable.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.