SpecSys6: Engineering Manager
JOB TITLE: Engineering Manager
COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: SpecSys, Inc. / Engineering
REPORTS TO: VP of Engineering
FLSA STATUS: Exempt / Full-time
JOB SUMMARY: The Engineering Manager will perform the duties of supervising engineers or engineering technologists, provide project management, be skilled at working with Sales, Quality, and Manufacturing personnel, manage client relationships, and be an engineering resource by providing advice and acting as a mentor or coach to engineering staff members.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform general staff management responsibilities including development, evaluations, compensation reviews, candidate interviews, and hiring/termination actions.
- Provide technical expertise to the client, engineers, designers, drafters, operations and management
- Oversee engineering teams to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget
- Interface with customer to understand expectations and requirements
- Provide work direction to engineers, designers and drafters
- Verify that projects meet performance and configuration specifications
- Verify engineering calculations for accuracy and compliance with project requirements
- Assign resources for project teams
- Drive on-time delivery and financial performance of projects
- Assess and augment project teams to attain desired outcome
- Compile and convey performance and status of projects to executive management
- Maintain department work integrity
- Provide department performance reports to executive management
- Oversee development of project review booklets and present to the customer
- Identify, propose and advocate engineering process improvements
- Manage departmental hardware and software needs
- Provide expertise on procured components
- Promote and enforce Ritalka HR, IT and Payroll policies
- Update and track action / issue items
JOB REQUIREMENTS & STANDARDS:
- Ability to interact at a management level with Mfg Operations, Sales, Clients, and Quality is a vital
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: (Education and experience are both important, with salary reflective of ability and experience)
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of proven project management experience delivering design & builds on-time, and on-budget with some supervisory responsibilities
- MBA, MS in engineering, or other advanced degree is appreciated and valued, but not required
- Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be acceptable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.